Sunday, November 3, 2013

A one way thought process

I'm thinking about you. I'm thinking about you more than you are thinking about him

I'm thinking about you like a phone thinks about its charger to regain life
Like that iceberg thinks about sinking
Like welders think about finally connecting 
Like a frown thinks about being happy

I'm thinking about you like a prostitute thinks about that empty money
Like that toy at the bottom of the toy box thinks about being played with
Like a leaf thinks about its final memories as it floats delicately to the ground
Like a soldier thinks about his child back at home
Like stoners think about their next high

I'm thinking about you like a lost cub thinks about its mother
Like the atmosphere thinks about burning things
Like a pyromaniac thinks about burning things
Like a fire thinks about burning things
Like a shovel thinks about burying things?

I think about you like the tear of a final heartbeat thinks about... death
Like a torn family thinks about the past
Like an orphan thinks about families
Like the poison that kills
Like the antidote that doesn't exist

I'm thinking about you like you used to think about me. And I should probably stop thinking about you too.
 



4 comments:

  1. "Like the poison that kills
    Like the antidote that doesn't exist

    I'm thinking about you like you used to think about me. And I should probably stop thinking about you too."

    So beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like an orphan thinks about families.
    # Stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I'm thinking about you like you used to think about me. And I should probably stop thinking about you too."

    This line is heart breaking, but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the very last line... simple but meaningful. loved this post.

    ReplyDelete