Sunday, November 24, 2013

Nostalgia

I was the hero of my story
I had my stick
No
My sword, I had my sword sheathed on my back
I had endured many tests and trials to prove myself a true hero
I finally proved worthy to wield the sacred sword
The sword that can fell evil with one swift stroke

My journey through my backyard
No
My journey through the 5 countries on the continent plunged into darkness
I fought my way through countless armies
Finally strong enough to face the dark god herself

I finally entered the christmas tree farm behind my house
No
I finally entered the tower of the gods to face evil herself
Just one man, to save the world
Me

I entered the tree farm
No
The chamber where she waiting for me. Waiting to kill me
I had gone too far to fail now, everyone was depending on me
We engaged in a fierce battle

I attacked swiftly by swinging a blow with my stick
No
My legendary sword
He dark magic was strong
But in my young naive mind, I was unstoppable
After hours of a fierce fight, I was going to deliver the final blow
I was going to save the world

Come in, It's time to eat

Ok mom

I dropped my sword never to pick it up again.

I have accepted defeat

5 comments:

  1. "I was going to save the world"
    "I dropped my sword never to pick it up again.
    I have accepted defeat"

    This was tragically beautiful...
    I loved it.
    It was like a bedtime story that ended too soon and with not the right ending,
    but you loved it anyway...

    #shitgetsreal

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I have accepted defeat" -good ending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This. This was amazing!! I am in love with it!

    #stolen #damn

    ReplyDelete
  4. it was haunting how you second guessed yourself.
    also, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete