Sunday, November 24, 2013

How to not care

If you're anything like me, you once wanted to please everyone. You lied, you went out of your way to please. You never did anything for yourself. And to anyone who still does that, I'm sorry. I'm sorry you can't let go of what people think of you, because you can't please them all. Someone will always end up hating you. I'm sorry that you can't walk into the middle of a bustling mall and breakout in dance without any music just because thousands of people who don't give a shit might just think you are weird. The secret to life is to not care. Not to not care in a sense that you have no one close to you. Don't care what people think. Be yourself. And if someone tears you down for being yourself, they aren't worth it. I have learned a lot from my best friend. He is the one who taught me not to care. I used to be that kid who wouldn't dance because I was too self conscious. I used to be the kid that wouldn't talk to anyone because I was too afraid that they would look down on me. He has changed me and influenced me more than can imagine. And for that, thank you.

4 comments:

  1. And for this, thank you a million and ten.
    You my friend, are incredible.
    I'm still workin on this...but I'm getting there...
    And this definitely helped.
    Love you, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The secret to life is to not care"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is something everyone needs to hear. And something I really needed to hear personally.Thank you!

    ReplyDelete