Sunday, October 20, 2013

Tides of the moon

Ever since I was just a lad, I've looked up into the sky at night and wondered, "Why is that moon there?"It does illuminate the night sky to an extent, but what am I doing while it's lighting up the night sky? Oh yah, I'm sleeping.

Thanks moon.

Apparently it affects the way the tide does its business splashing on the beach. Does that really have a profound effect on life? Well it might, but not to me. I'm just a simple dude.

Enough with the moon bashing though.

That warm night on the beach. The only sound is the tide gently crashing on the cold sand. A memory that I hold dear, faded by time. Running across the beach, the warm air rushing through my hair, my toes sinking into the moist sand, splashing through the tides. The only light is from the white reflection of the moon dancing on the surface of the water. The glorious view out into the erie unknown depths of the ocean. Just that thought still sends shivers down my spine.

Thank you, moon.

2 comments:

  1. "Thanks moon"

    I kind of love that and I'm not entirely sure why at the moment. But that's okay because you my friend, are amazing.

    Thank you Ben Cooper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take me to the beach please! Great post!!

    ReplyDelete