Sunday, September 15, 2013

I carry in my chest, a pound of flesh.

I am very inexperienced when it comes to love. I have a very shallow opinion on it. That might have something to do with the fact that I am only 17. But here is the only love story that I've had so far in my young life. All I have to say is that I hope it gets better...

I remember when we first met. My head told me that there was no chance, but my heart had different plans for me. We were on our way to pick you up at your house, we haven't really ever talked much, but you knew my friends. I stayed relatively calm... well until I saw you. You got into the back seat with me, I said nothing. I didn't know what to say, so I just kept my head down. I didn't say anything until we got to my house when I finally got the courage to start a conversation. You stole my heart. You must have been a master thief because I don't know how you did it that fast. That was the night that started it all.

I remember prom night. How beautiful you looked in your dress. You were perfect. I was a love stricken fool. That night was perfect, the memory that is etched into my mind is perfect. Dancing with you, with your head resting on my chest. I felt like the luckiest man in the world. I had to do it that night. I had to kiss you. I walked you to the porch, I hadn't been that nervous since the day I first met you. We were saying our goodbyes when I told you how I felt about you. Hey, listen, I... really like you. (Shit, that sounded really stupid.) She didn't care, she felt the same way. Well courage meter depleted, back to car. I didn't kiss her that night.

I remember the day you returned my heart. It was in tattered pieces. You abused it, took advantage of it, cheated on it. You meant the world to me, I valued what we had more then anything. Apparently you didn't value me as much as I valued you. I made a huge mistake. Why did you do it? Why did you kiss him? Did I ever cross your mind when it happened? Was there even the slightest hint of guilt? You could have broken up with me before you kissed him.

Now these memories are fading, they feel more like a faint dream now. But the feelings, they are still fresh. They are still bleeding. My heart hasn't healed yet, those scars are still settling. I haven't talked to you for 4 weeks and 3 days, but who is counting. I see that you went to AF homecoming last night, it's alright, I... don't... care... Let's see how much longer my heart can hold itself together before it crumbles into nothing.


6 comments:

  1. " Hey, listen, I... really like you. (Shit, that sounded really stupid.)"

    i feel ya man...no matter how many times you rehearse it never comes out right...

    "I remember the day you returned my heart. It was in tattered pieces."

    this is so honest and real and i love every word. you aren't alone..

    ReplyDelete
  2. the title alone is just so intense. you made hero list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally agree. i'm in love with the title.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it a lot.
    "I haven't talked to you for 4 weeks 3 days but who's counting"
    yeah man.
    also
    "I...don't...care"
    That just snatched my heart right up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel you wow this was good.
    "I remember the day you returned my heart. It was in tattered pieces." #stolen

    ReplyDelete