Sunday, September 8, 2013

I believed the skies were doorways home



The young mind is a wonderful thing. It didn't know, it believed. It is so naive to the world, it is yet to discover the cutting edges of life. It's almost as if when we grow up, we forget how to truly enjoy life. There are times when I'm looking out the window, stumped on what to do. When The thought crosses my mind that when I was a kid, I could just go out there and make something up. I could pick up a stick and say it was a sword. I could slay a dragon with that sword. I could shoot fire from my hands. The underneath of my trampoline was a hut in the jungle. I was a pokemon master and there was a grand world out there for me to explore. There was that damsel in distress that always needed saving. What if we all still had that creativity and imagination? Our world would be much more vibrant and full of life! I can't help but to think, why can't we keep that child in us? Well who knows? I feel that now I am the damsel in distress needing to be saved.

2 comments:

  1. I really loved this song, and I haven't figured out how to describe how beautiful I thought your closing line was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I feel that now I am the damsel in distress needing to be saved."

    "When The thought crosses my mind that when I was a kid, I could just go out there and make something up."

    "What if we all still had that creativity and imagination?"

    So much truth to this. You captured my thoughts perfectly

    ReplyDelete