Sunday, December 8, 2013

I remember those nights

I remember those nights where we would go to Betos to get food at 2:00 in the morning. I remember when we would crash on the couch watching Family Guy. I remember when you would want to take a drive with me, even when we had no where to go. I remember how much you convinced me to go get McDonalds with you, even though I was behind on my math homework. That math homework isn't important anymore. Do you still remember those moments? That was back when you were still here, and I want to let you know that the void still hasn't been filled. You were my best friend, you were there for me, you were almost a part of me.

You will be back.

But that day. The day that you will be back. It seems a lot longer away then it actually is.

It doesn't feel like you will be back. The emails just don't feel real anymore. They are just words without a face behind them. They are as empty as I feel.

I just need to know, do you remember? Are your memories of us as vivid as mine? Do you hold them as close as I do?

I know you remember. I saw it in your eyes. I felt it in your tremble. I heard it in your voice, I heard it in your voice when you said "Goodbye".

1 comment:

  1. Ben Cooper. Gotcha.
    And this is heartbreaking. I'm sorry.
    You're good at words and stuff.

    ReplyDelete